Terms and Conditions (and the ‘legal stuff’) are an unavoidable necessity.
By making an enquiry or a booking, it is assumed you have read and accepted the T&C.
We hope your stay in Drovers will be enjoyable but there are a few ‘house rules’ for everyone’s benefit
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Availability may be checked on our website and a booking request made. (We are working towards on-line booking but are not quite there yet).
- When you receive the Rental Agreement, please check the details. Once you are satisfied, the Initial Deposit should be paid (by bank transfer) within 3 days. Your booking will then be changed from provisional to confirmed.
- Bookings are not accepted from persons under 18 years of age or for children under the age of 8.
- The owner reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving a reason.
- A contract between you, (as the person renting Drovers), and us/we(as the owners) will come into existence when we accept your booking by issuing a written confirmation of booking for the holiday dates as shown in the rental agreement and the Initial Deposit payment has been cleared.
- The contract binds you and all the members of your party and it is your responsibility to ensure that everyone understands, accepts and complies with the terms of the contract as set out in these Terms & Conditions and best practice for all other matters. If there is anything you do not understand, please ask for clarification.
- Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the booking and/or requirement to vacate the accommodation immediately and without recompense.
- All contractual obligations arising out of these conditions shall be subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
3. Initial Deposit, Security Deposit and Balance
- An Initial Depositof 50% (non-refundable after 7 days) of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking and a Security Depositof £100 is required when the Balanceis paid, which should be sent to be cleared not later than 28 days before the arrival date.
- If the Balance is not received and cleared 28 days before the arrival date and we are unable to contact you to find out why payment has not been received it will be treated as a cancellation.
4. Late Booking
- If you book less than 4 weeks before your arrival date the full amount is payable on booking.
5. Return of Security Deposit
- You accept responsibility for any theft, removal, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any additional loss over and above the Security Deposit that may be incurred as a result.
- The Security Deposit will be returned within 14days of the end of your holiday less – as applicable - the cost of any theft, removal, damage, breakages, key replacement, deep cleaning, excessive usage of utilities. A breakdown will be given of any deductions.
6. Cancellation, return of monies & mitigation of loss
- Cancellation must be notified in writing and we will acknowledge receipt.
- If we receive your cancellation within 7 days of booking, the Initial Deposit will be returned in full when it has been cleared.
- Where cancellation is made after 7 days, or if you cancel having made a booking within 4 weeks of arrival, the Initial Deposit will be retained to mitigate our loss.
- Where we differ from others is that if you cancel after you have paid the Balance/Security Deposit, even if it is the day before you are due to arrive, this amount will be returned in full not later than 7 days after our acknowledgement of cancellation. The Initial Deposit will be retained to mitigate our loss.
- To minimise the risk, you may wish to arrange appropriate travel insurance for you and those in your party. If you choose not to do this then any loss that you or any member of your party may incur due to your cancellation is your/their responsibility.
7. Cancellation by us
- The booking will not be cancelled by us except in exceptional circumstances, including but not limited to standard force majeure reasons, or circumstances beyond our control. In the unlikely event we have to cancel, we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us by you: we shall have no liability for any costs associated with alternative accommodation, travel costs, disappointments, linked events.
8. Arrival & Departure
- Holiday tenancies commence at 12 noon on a Saturday(unless otherwise agreed) and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 12 noon on the day of departure (Friday).This means you are not hanging around waiting until late afternoon to start your holiday and don’t have a mad rush to leave on departure day.
- The code for the key safe will be notified to you a few days before your arrival.
9. About your stay
- Drovers has a maximum occupancy of 5 and only those people named on the booking form may occupy the property. (For example, no additional unregistered guests sleeping in the house, in the garden or in caravans, campervans, cars or suchlike on the property).
- Drovers is to be used solely for the purpose of a holiday.
- We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund or compensation in case of a breach of these terms and conditions or where unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking or their guests may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others, particularly the neighbours. Drovers may not be re-let or sublet, even free of charge, or used as a party, stag or hen venue.
- We, or our representatives, reserve the right to enter Drovers at any time to undertake regular or essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
10. Please note
- Drovers is intended to be as hypoallergenic as is reasonably possible so pets are not allowed, and no smoking or vaping indoors. If discovered, this will be deemed as a cancellation of the booking and result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments with no claim for compensation of reimbursement. Rectifying damage, or extra cleaning required because of pets or smoking/vaping indoors or being left in an unreasonable condition, will be at your expense and claimed if the cost exceeds the amount of the Security Deposit.
- The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
11. Broken or missing ?
- Sophie, the housekeeper, checks the Inventory but if you notice damaged or missing items on your arrival please let us know so we may take the appropriate action.
- If there have been any breakages during your stay, you may wish to replace them. (Morrisons in Minehead stock similar white crockery and glassware). Otherwise, please let us know and a deduction may be made from the Security Deposit.
12. Liability and Indemnities
- We shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- We accept no liability to you or any member of your party for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused (to persons or property) during your stay in Drovers except to the extent such loss, damage or injury is caused by our negligence or wilful default.
- An authorised adult must be present when anyone under 18 years is in the house or garden.
- There is very little crime in Porlock but doors must be locked and windows closed when you go out.
- Personal belongings, vehicles and their contents, are left in Drovers entirely at your own risk
- Every care has been taken to ensure that the descriptions are correct and we reserve the right to alter these without notice. We reserve the right to correct any errors or typographical mistakes on this website without any liability whatsoever on our part.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to provide accurate information via this website but in providing such information we offer no warranty regarding this content, nor warranties regarding the availability of the website that it will be error free, that defects will be corrected and that the server that makes the site available will be virus free. We cannot be liable to you in any way for any loss of content, material uploaded or transmitted through the website and will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on material or information contained on the site. We will also accept no liability in contract or tort for any economic losses, loss of goodwill or reputation, special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by any party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under these terms and conditions.
13. We know it’s your holiday but this would be appreciated …
- On Mondays please move the bins to the pavement in time for collection. (We know it’s not your rubbish and recycling but others will do it for you on another Monday).
- You may wish to use the throws on the pale cream leather settees if clothing is damp or dark to avoid staining. Keys in back pockets may cut into the leather.
14. When it’s time to go …
- Before you leave, the dishwasher, fridge and freezer should be emptied, washing up done, things put away and all rooms left generally tidy with rubbish in the bins. Windows closed and doors locked. Thank you.
15. Problems and Complaints
- Please tell us if there’s a problem before telling Trip Advisor! We will endeavour to put things right as quickly as possible if you let us know while you are still at Drovers.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.